Monday 23 January 2012

The Good Life

 Having got up at 4.30 to see The Lovely Husband off on a business trip and feed the yowling animals, I decided there wasn't much point in going back to bed, especially as I could see it was going to be a cracking good sunrise followed by a beautiful day. So I pottered around in the garden and took a few photos in the morning light. Okay a lot of photos. For those of you not much interested in gardens, scroll through quickly, there are some crafty bits at the end...
 A miniature climbing rose I have recently planted, so pretty!
 The neighbours having breakfast...
 My 'cuttings nursery'...
 My husband has a thing for gnomes. And rugby...

 Everything is sprouting!





And now for a few crafty bits that have come into being recently.
 The Ultimate Potplant for The Husband's office desk. No watering required, and doubles as a missile when people bother him...
 This is the sharp end of a ferret, which my son requested, for reasons known only to himself and possibly others from his home planet...
 Some knitted fruit, which look slightly healthier than those bananas. I was so thrilled when I found the pattern book in the library that I actually made Noises Out Loud....would you believe the banana pattern has a ZIP-UP-SKIN?!!

 That's a normal-sized egg, from one of my normal-sized chooks. And that little mini-chook took me a WHOLE EVENING to knit, sew and assemble!
 I had visions of making lots, but now I'm not so sure...
 Finally, I have to share with you this Splendid Chap, made for me by my Lovely Friend Tracey as a thank you for making her daughter an owl bag.
Isn't he wonderful? Making tea is so much more fun when it's kept warm under a cheerful chicken!!
I hope the sun is smiling down on you today too.
xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. So brave getting up at that hour. Well done you!! And I totally LOVE the knitting . . . the chicken is lovely.

    ReplyDelete