Sunday 6 November 2011

In a Spin

Just LOOK at my new toy!!
A serendipitous find at a weekend market, bought for a disgustingly low price! When I was little I remember being absolutely fascinated by my Aunt's spinning wheel, and I've always wanted one. I'm literally jumping for joy! Now I have to learn how to use it. I've had a look at some online tutorials, and although it doesn't look too complicated, I'm sure it will take lots and lots of practise to get it right.
Pet Day at school last week. Cleo and Spencer took their cats Piglet and Nutmeg, who won 3rd and 4th Best Cat in the Universe (or Omokoroa anyway)...
...I'm not sure how thrilled they were about it...
There was also a cake decorating competition. Spencer made this cake depicting the Rena leaking oil all over the place, kind of clever I thought!
He won 3rd place! The Rena is now a total shipwreck, very tasty...!
Cleo won 1st place for her little plasticine creation. What clever little monkeys they are!
Well, I'm off to the library to find books about spinning, hooray!!
Have a lovely week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment