Monday 24 September 2012

It's a Jungle in There

Being slightly obsessed with miniature environments, I had a go at making terrariums recently. Here are all the bits laid out and ready to go. In the glass jar are a layer of small stones, then a layer of damp sphagnum moss.

 Some of the mosses I collected from dark and mysterious regions of the garden. These go in after the potting mix, along with...
 ...some small ferns and...
 ...nice rocks!


 A fun trip to the model shop with my son Spencer yielded some tiny figures intended for model railway scenes, perfect for my 'jurassic park'!
 Don't you just love the suspense and impending disembowellment?
 Still, if I was going to be eaten by a dinosaur, I know I would like to spend my final moments snogging my husband!!
Cheerio!

1 comment:

  1. amazing! such a fun scene. My Granddads really into model railways but I don't think he'd have anything as risqué as that couple!
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete